- Innovate because it stretches you and your practice, not just for innovation’s sake.
- Follow your voice. Make what only you can make. Integrity is key, be true to your own creative path and you will only ever make unique work.
- Elitism is the death of creativity. We, as artists, must actively root out our prejudices and amplify the voices of those outside the privileged few.
- Aim for imperfection. Learn to see the value in samples, testing, experimentation, dead ends, unfinished work, broken items and things that don’t feel worthy of celebration. If you take risks, whether they work or not, that is worthy of celebration.
- Know your history. Know your craft. Constantly learn so you can unlearn and find your own path.
- Be what you want to see in the art world.